Fields Farm Fisheries - Rules
We don't have endless rules and regulations - we want you to enjoy yourself, and we know that most anglers know what to do.
But we do have a set of rules that we ask everyone to follow, because they're for the benefit of everyone at Fields Farm. They're mostly for preserving fish health, water clarity and maintaining the fishing quality - so we're sure you won't mind following them. They're displayed on a large board at the entrance to the fishery.
- Barbless hooks only, please - maximum hook size 10.
- No keep nets to be used (except during matches)
- The following baits are banned:
- Groundbait (except through pole cup or feeder)
- Floating baits (including bread and pellets)
- Pet food
- Trout pellets
- Bloodworm and joker
- Peanuts and tigernuts
- No fixed leads nor fixed feeders, please.
- Fishing allowed only from the stands provided.
- Please don't leave rods and equipment unattended.
- No radios to be played whilst fishing.
- No dogs around the fishery, please. The only exceptions are assistance dogs for disabled anglers, and dogs with walkers on public footpaths around the farm, and we ask that all dogs are kept on a lead.
- No children under 14 to be left unsupervised at any time.
- No alcohol to be consumed on site.
- No swimming allowed!
- Please place all litter in the bins provided or take it home with you.
- Under no circumstances should any fish be harmed or taken from the fishery. Anyone seen doing this will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
If you see anyone who is not following these rules, please let us know and we'll speak to them.
We reserve the right to eject any person not abiding by these rules. From time to time we will review the guidelines and may make changes to them at any time, so please check them whenever you visit us.
The legal bit - Fields Farm Fisheries will not be held responsible for the loss of tackle, personal injury or damage to cars sustained by any anglers or observers.